Members of the Senate Judiciary Committee finally got their chance on Wednesday to question Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, giving Democrats their best chance to pin him down on critical issues. It’s a highly scripted affair, and Kavanaugh avoided disaster during the 12-plus-hour hearing as the partisan questions kept to the script: Democrats asked pointed questions about his views on abortion, gun rights and the limits of presidential powers, while Republicans asked about his judicial philosophy and, for levity, what it’s like to coach his daughters’ basketball team. But a few exchanges stood out. President Donald Trump loomed large, prompting questions about executive power and whether Kavanaugh would hold the sitting president accountable if he broke the law. An exchange about a decade-old cyberhack seemed to momentarily throw Kavanaugh off his polished game. But the federal judge was well-rehearsed. Here are the five most revealing exchanges of the day. Can a President Be Subpoenaed? Kavanaugh told Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), the top Democrat on the committee, that he could not answer the “hypothetical question” of whether a sitting president is required, by law, to comply with a subpoena. Trump’s legal team has said that if special counsel Robert Mueller’s prosecutors… Read full this story
- Black Friday - The Biggest Shopping Day of the Year
- Britney Spears makes red carpet appearance with boyfriend Sam Asghari 2 days after conservatorship hearing
- Essential Information on Hearing Aids
- Why Choose Open Ear Hearing Aids?
- Hearing Loss Doesn't Have to Lead to Job Loss
- Hard of Hearing is a US State, a European Country and Clueless
- Low Cost Hearing Aids - Low Cost, Better Quality!
- Day Trading For a Living - Stock Investing and Lessons About the Market
- How to Buy a Hearing Aid - Advice From a Hearing Aid Professional Dispenser
- Getting The Best Hearing Aid - It Makes A Difference
The Five Biggest Moments on Day Two of the Brett Kavanaugh Hearing have 323 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at September 6, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.