Tech & Science Facebook announced Friday that nearly 50 million accounts were compromised due to a security breach. The hack was discovered Tuesday and Facebook made an announcement Friday afternoon. The issue was announced through a blog post on the Facebook Newsroom website. A picture taken in Paris on May 16, shows the logo of the social network Facebook on a broken screen of a mobile phone. The company announced a security breach Friday. Joel Saget/AFP/Getty Images Users can, however, go to the “Security and Login” part of the website to see if there are any logins to their account from a device that does not belong to them. The hackers used a weakness in the code with the “View As” feature of Facebook, the company’s statement said. But the development is so new that Facebook said it is still gathering information. Gaining access through “View As” allowed the hackers to get access tokens on the site for the nearly 50 million user profiles. “Access tokens are the equivalent of digital keys that keep people logged in to Facebook so they don’t need to re-enter their password every time they use the app,” Facebook said. Facebook said it fixed… Read full this story
- Facebook's worst security breach hammers user trust once again
- Evernote resets all user account passwords following security breach
- Mixcloud Says Hackers Stole 'Minority' of Users' Passwords in Security Breach
- New EBay Security Breach: Time To Reconsider Your Membership?
- White House brushes off security breach at Mar-a-Lago by invoking 'rapes, murders and drug deaths' at the southern border
- After losing SPG cover, security breach at Priyanka's home last week, matter taken up with CRPF
- News18 Wrap: Security Breach at Priyanka Gandhi's Home, Citizenship Amendment Bill Likely to be Cleared Tomorrow & Other Stories You Missed
- Car with seven people drives into Priyanka's residence, security breach taken up with CRPF
- Security breach at Priyanka Gandhi’s residence last week, matter taken up with CRPF: Report
- Weeks After SPG Withdrawal, Congress Alleges Security Breach At Priyanka's Residence
Should I Change My Facebook Password? Major Security Breach Affecting 50 Million Accounts Reported have 349 words, post on www.newsweek.com at September 28, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.