Cally’s Chicken BLT is the first Taco of the Month for Capital Tacos and the Tampa Bay Lighting.Courtesy of Capital Tacos
Capital Tacos plans to launch a second location in Hillsborough County, expanding its eclectic Tex-Mex favorites through a new partnership with the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Pasco-born taco joint with five locations will soon operate a concession stand at Tampa’s Amalie Arena during Lightning home games.
Located in Section 320 near the Coors Light Between the Pipes Bar, the concession stand is set to debut on Saturday, Oct. 6, when the Lightning open the regular season. Two tacos, two rice bowls and two salads are on the menu, as are chips with a special salsa and the Countdown Cookie, a half-pound chocolate chip cookie topped with whipped cream.
Another aspect of the duo’s collaboration: Throughout the season, each Lightning player will also team up with Capital Tacos to develop and name its signature Taco of the Month. A portion of the taco’s sales is then donated to whatever charity the player chooses.
Cally’s Chicken BLT, created alongside Lightning right wing Ryan Callahan, is the first Taco of the Month up for grabs. Rolling out to all locations for Capital Tacos on Monday, Oct. 1 (with the exception of Amalie), the taco features chicken fajita, bacon, lettuce, pico, Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and poblano ranch. Proceeds benefit the Ryan Callahan Foundation, which helps improve the lives of kids and families impacted by pediatric cancer.
Customers ordering the Taco of the Month — or, well, any taco — from the taco joint on Monday, Oct. 8, should proclaim, “The Bolts are back!” at the register. If they do, they’ll score chips and queso on the house.
- Review: Twenty One Pilots drop apocalyptic set on diehard fans at Tampa’s Amalie Arena
- Review: Kiss musters up a lusty, explosive farewell at Tampa's Amalie Arena
- Tampa Bay restaurant and bar openings: Tampa Marriott Water Street’s Garrison Tavern, more Capital Tacos in St. Petersburg
- Review: Journey, Def Leppard defy Father Time, thrill 17,500 fans at Amalie Arena in Tampa
- Review: Scorpions strike Tampa with eager, ageless glee at Amalie Arena
- Tampa Bay Lightning fall 4-2 against Toronto Maple Leafs at Amalie Arena
- Amalie Arena to ban early lines for Twenty One Pilots, hold wristband lottery for GA floor access
- ESPN report: Amalie Arena ranks 22nd-worst among pro sports venues in high-level food violations
- Michael Buble coming to Amalie Arena in Tampa