Maher rolls out a Trump-accented version of the Ten Commandments to show the similarities
Ross A. Lincoln, provided by
Published 9:07 pm PDT, Friday, September 28, 2018
On Friday’s “Real Time,” Bill Maher said Donald Trump’s popularity with evangelical Christians is due to how much Trump resembles God. That wasn’t a compliment, as Maher demonstrated with an extremely Trump-esque reading of the Ten Commandments.
The segment came during “New Rules,” where Maher first took a victory lap over the increase in nonreligious Americans since the release 10 years ago of his anti-religion movie “Religulous.” He then rebutted the argument that atheistic societies like the Nazi Germany, Stalin’s USSR and Mao’s China were far worse by saying those regimes were in fact state-sponsored religions.
Latest Videos from The Wrap
- ‘Son of Saul’ Director’s ‘Sunset’ Is About Chaos – and Fancy Hats Media: The Wrap
- ‘Wild Rose’ Writer Explains How ‘X Factor’ Inspired Buzzy Drama Media: The Wrap
- ‘Capernaum’ Director Left Out ‘Shocking’ Details About Kids on the Streets That Audiences Couldn’t Handle Media: The Wrap
- Emilio Estevez: In Today’s Political Climate ‘Libraries Have Become de Facto Homeless Shelters’ Media: The Wrap
- Damien Chazelle Aims to Show Neil Armstrong’s ‘Normalcy and Quotidian Reality’ in ‘First Man’ Media: The Wrap
- Paul Greengrass’ ’22 July’ Shows ‘How Norway Fought for Democracy’ Media: The Wrap
- How Paul Dano and Carey Mulligan Adapted the Challenging Source Material of ‘Wildlife’ Media: The Wrap
- ‘Museo’ Director Discusses How Fact Can Limit Fiction in Movies Media: The Wrap
- ‘Driven’ Director Found Humor and Tension in John DeLorean’s Cocaine-Fueled Story Media: The Wrap
- Bill Maher Grills CPAC Chairman Matt Schlapp On His Unwavering Trump Loyalty On HBO’s ‘Real Time’
- Billy Bush says Trump 'Access Hollywood' tape is real
- Michael Cohen says Trump was like a ‘mobster’ and slams president on Russia, hush money and lies
- Bill Maher confronted by Ice Cube on first 'Real Time' since uttering N-word (WARNING: GRAPHIC LANGUAGE)
- Giuliani Says Trump Will Likely Not Talk to Mueller
- Stephen Colbert Accuses Trump of 'Witness Tampering in Real Time' With Michael Flynn 'Good Luck' Tweet
- NATO chief says Trump"s funding gripes having "real results"
- Billy Bush says Trump ‘Access Hollywood’ tape is real
- Lawmaker Says Trump Can't Declare Emergency Any Time Congress Doesn't Vote His Way