WHO MADE THE LIST?
The sports staff of the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette and consultation with area coaches selected the top 11 players in the 12-county region in the newspaper’s coverage area.
The List is loaded with an abundance of talented players, many on the radar of college coaches. The players selected for The List were not chosen by position, but simply the top 11 players regardless of where they line up on the field.
Booneville’s Brandon Ulmer is a punishing runner who not only led his team in rushing but had 43 tackles as a safety.
THE NUMBERS Ulmer enjoyed a strong junior season, despite playing through a knee injury that forced him to sit out 1.5 games. The Arkansas State commit for baseball still threw for 810 yards and nine touchdowns, while rushing for a team-high 762 yards and five TDs, not to mention added 43 tackles from his safety position, too.
HE SAID IT “Off the field, I worked on stepping up and being more of a leader in the weight room and going through drills and remembering what the goal is. We actually have been working on a lot of passing more. We think we can put that in and it can be a big part of us. I’ve been working on my footwork and getting comfortable back there since we haven’t done it much really.”
— Chip Souza @NWAChip
Andrew Bartgis — Bentonville High
Darius Bowers — Fayetteville
Tristin Brewer — Pea Ridge
Darin Davenport — FS Southside
Taye Gatewood — FS Southside
Peyton Holt — Greenwood
Gabe Huskey — Harrison
Jadon Jackson — Bentonville West
Will Jarrett — Bentonville West
Brandon Ulmer — Booneville
Stevie Young — FS Northside
- 2 Arkansas State football players arrested on drug charges
- Report: Prep football player rubbed Icy Hot in opponent’s face
- Judge drops felonies against ex-prep football star
- Ex-prep football star sentenced to more jail time
- Ex-prep football star pleads guilty in assault
- Naylor’s Journey: One college football player’s path from paralysis back to the sideline
- Former Mizzou football players latest to sue NCAA over head injuries
- Ex-Vandy football player testifies in rape case
- Former Vanderbilt football players to be retried in rape case
- Former Vandy football player in rape case to play at Lane