HEALTH 08/01/2018 11:38 am ET Updated 49 minutes ago The news comes just a week after the country announced the end of its ninth Ebola outbreak. By Lauren Weber Four new cases of Ebola have been confirmed in the Democratic Republic of Congo, just a week after the country announced the end of its ninth Ebola outbreak. Congo’s Ministry of Health was notified Saturday of 26 cases of fever “with hemorrhagic signs” that included 20 deaths in Beni, a city in the northeast province of North Kivu. Of the six samples analyzed for Ebola, four came back positive. Ebola is considered endemic to Congo because of its equatorial forest ecosystem. Authorities do not believe the new outbreak is connected to the Bikoro outbreak, which infected 54 people and killed 33 and which was just declared over. The two outbreaks are separated by more than 2,500 kilometers (1,553 miles). The Ministry of Health noted that therapeutic treatments are still in country from the last outbreak, but the species of this Ebola virus has yet to be determined. The Bikoro outbreak was contained using an experimental vaccine, provided by Merck, to target the Ebola Zaire strain. The World Health Organization raised $36 million from… Read full this story
- The Genius of Our Democratic Republic
- Social Issues on the Congo
- The Red Zone - Chapter 1 From "Democrats in the Red Zone" 2007
- Democrat Websites Say the Republican Party is History?
- Live fact check of the Democratic debate
- Democrats Need to Stop Putting Capitalism in a Bad Light
- Dominican Republic Defies Tourism Market - Keeps Growing
- 'He's the most corrupt president in all our history!' Joe Biden tears into Donald Trump as 12 2020 Democrats take to the stage for primary debate - with field united in slamming president and backing impeachment
- Star Wars, The Old Republic
- Harmeet Dhillon: Democrats deny Trump and Republicans their rights in impeachment inquiry
New Ebola Outbreak Confirmed In Democratic Republic Of Congo have 317 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at August 1, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.