One of Michael Cohen’s old tweets is coming back to haunt him.
The former longtime personal attorney to President Donald Trump pleaded guilty on Tuesday to illegally interfering in the 2016 election. He faces 46 to 63 months in prison when he is sentenced in December, UPI reported.
Back in 2015, with the Trump campaign in swing, Cohen taunted Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton on Twitter with a prison threat that in hindsight might not have been his best move now that he’s the one who could be wearing stripes:
@HillaryClinton when you go to prison for defrauding America and perjury, your room and board will be free!
— Michael Cohen (@MichaelCohen212) December 20, 2015
The nearly three-year-old tweet started going viral in light of the latest developments:
Michael, Michael, Michael.
— Walter Shaub (@waltshaub) August 21, 2018
Why does this tweet give me a boner??? https://t.co/55k1Fm6CpZ
— Michael Ian Black (@michaelianblack) April 9, 2018
Hi Michael. What’s up?
— Greg Shugar (@GregShugar) August 21, 2018
Thoughts and prayers…thoughts and prayers.
— Ari Almaneih (@AriAlmaneih) August 21, 2018
- Why Should Hillary Clinton Voters Support John McCain?
- Why Hillary Clinton Should Divorce Bill Clinton Now
- Politics - Was Hillary Clinton the Big Loser in Palin's Selection
- Hillary Clinton & Holy Spirit - But Will Self-Righteous Christian Conservatives Let Her Enjoy Jesus?
- What Hillary Clinton As VP Will Cost Barack Obama
- The Mystery of Hillary Clinton's Astrology Chart
- Is Hillary Clinton, Presidential Candidate the Britney Spears of Politics?
- Is Obama Afraid For His Life To Ask Hillary Clinton As A Running Mate, Should He Be?
- Hillary Clinton 'Concedes', Sorta
- Bill O'Reilly Gives Hillary Clinton The Stink Eye, "You're Going To Bankrupt The Country!" - Economy