Gentry Estes Louisville Courier Journal
Published 2:15 p.m. UTC Aug 23, 2018
Louisville City FC has its first victory under new coach John Hackworth, rolling 3-0 in a Wednesday night road game at the Charlotte Independence.
Cameron Lancaster scored twice before intermission – the first coming via a penalty kick – and Luke Spencer added a goal in the second half for LouCity.
The victory moved LouCity into a tie for third place in the USL Eastern Conference standings. The club is 11 points back of first-place FC Cincinnati but only two points behind Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC in second place.
It’s a quick turnaround now for LouCity, which will play at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Richmond Kickers. The match is set to be televised on WDRB and available on the radio at WHAS-840.
- Israeli website-building company Wix.com just became Manchester City FC’s latest sponsor
- New York City FC sackS coach Kreis
- Global FC posts historic victory in AFC Cup
- Delos Reyes lifts Hyenas FC's championship victory
- Toronto FC looks ahead after back-to-back defeats
- First Canadian Shield stepping stone for Toronto FC
- Oro United FC wins bronze in Ceres Cup
- Lampard limps off as City draw 2-2 with FC Dallas
- New York City shuts out Galaxy to hold onto first
- Toronto FC midfielder Benoit Cheyrou out eight weeks with calf tear