Security, accessibility, backup are vital By Tracy Barbour Published: August 3, 2018 Hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare organizations handle massive amounts of sensitive information, making effective data backup critical to their operations. In fact, healthcare industry professionals say data backup is not only the key to safeguarding confidential patient information but it’s necessary to their survival. Healthcare providers and caregivers frequently use what is known as electronic protected health information (EPHI) in their efforts to assist patients. They use this information in nearly every clinical care workflow scenario and clinical care decision. The accessibility of EPHI—which includes everything from lab results and radiology images to patient medications—helps guide patient care. “Ensuring the reliability and availability of this data is critical to our mission and is a top concern in information services,” says Don Waters, vice president of engineering services at Providence St. Joseph Health Information Services. “It’s delivering the right data at the right time to the right place of care every single day.” Ensuring the accessibility of patient data is also a chief concern according to Mario Lanza, MD, FAAFP, MRO. Lanza is president and medical director of Anchorage-based Alyeska Family Medicine, a full-service clinic that provides services ranging… Read full this story
- When apps get your medical data, your privacy may go with it
- Africa: Low Quality Healthcare Is Increasing the Burden of Illness and Health Costs Globally
- National patient identifier debate rages on
- Hackers Attack Indian Healthcare Website, Steal 68 Lakh Records: FireEye
- ‘Appalling' data protection: Hospital staff tapes password to the wall
- Data Lake vs. Data Warehouse: Which Is the Best Data Architecture?
- Provider groups: Slow down info blocking rules
- Data breaches can sucker-punch you. Prepare to fight back
- What is the future of nursing?
- Attorneys demand NCH Healthcare System rescind admissions change
How Healthcare Providers Protect Patient Data have 312 words, post on www.akbizmag.com at August 3, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.