A woman riding a rental bike in South Dallas was killed in a crash with a suspected drunken driver early Sunday morning, police said.
The driver, identified by police as 22-year-old Jacob Albiar, was driving east in the 1100 block of S. Riverfront Boulevard at a high speed around 12:05 a.m. when he lost control around a curve and drove onto the shoulder, striking the 47-year-old woman.
Albiar hit a planter box in front of an abandoned business on the south side of the street and fled the scene on foot, police said. A Dallas County sheriff’s deputy who had seen the crash scene and stopped to assist detained Albiar at a nearby bar, police said.
- Teen girl, 14, killed while riding her bike in Cornwall over Christmas
- Driver, 87, dies from a heart attack in prison nine days after being jailed for killing woman, 64, by hitting his car accelerator instead of the brake in a Sainsbury's car park
- Grieving mother calls for age restrictions on quad bikes after her son, 11, was killed while riding with his 11-year-old friend
- SF jetliner crash kills 2, seriously injures 49
- Driver Escapes Fiery Big Rig Crash With Just Minor Injuries
- Was British millionaire killed over property dispute? Taxi driver charged as father-of-two's body found in forest two weeks after he went missing on business trip to India
- Avalanche in Italian Alps kills woman and children
- Man kills woman with knife in front of children
- Accused Drunk Driver Charged In Pembroke Crash That Killed 13-Year-Old Girl
- Two more men die in South Australian crashes as road toll rises to 52