U.S. Donald Trump President Donald Trump will sign a bill into law Monday that bears the name of John McCain, whom he has continued to attack and mock even as the veteran senator battles an aggressive form of cancer. Trump is scheduled to participate in a signing ceremony for the John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act. The 2019 military funding bill was named as a tribute to the former prisoner of war and chair of the Senate Armed Services Committee. “I am particularly humbled that my colleagues chose to designate legislation of such importance in my name,” McCain said when the Senate passed the bill in his absence earlier this month. “Serving on the Senate Armed Services Committee has been an incredibly meaningful experience since my first days on Capitol HilI have found high purpose in the service of a cause greater than self—the cause of the women and men in uniform who defend America and all she stands for. That is why it has been one of the greatest honors of my tenure in the U.S. Senate to serve as its chairman.” McCain concluded: “I look forward to the president quickly signing it into law.” Recommended Slideshows 76… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Shares Dancing Pallbearers Meme to Mock Biden
- Disapproval of Donald Trump Climbs Higher As Coronavirus Death Toll Nears 100,000 in U.S.
- Trump Signs Five Executive Actions, Moving Keystone and Dakota Pipelines Forward
- Why hasn't Donald Trump ordered flags to fly at half-staff to honor coronavirus victims?
- 'I gave him a dose of his own medicine!' Nancy Pelosi doubles down on calling Donald Trump obese, mocking him as a 'confabulator' and a 'kid with doggy do on his shoes'
- Donald Trump claims veterans in a study which found hydroxy can kill 'were READY TO DIE' as he falsely denies FDA warning not to take it outside hospitals - then makes two cabinet members back him up
- The Madness of Donald Trump
- Donald Trump slams Nancy Pelosi as 'sick' after she called him 'morbidly obese' and claims research warning hydroxy is dangerous is 'a Trump enemy statement' as he doubles down on taking it to 'prevent' coroanvirus
- Donald Trump retweets post mocking Joe Biden for wearing a mask at Memorial Day commemorations on his first trip out of the house in two months after the president again refused to cover his face
- Donald Trump claims Ivanka, Don Jr. and Eric were all unmasked from U.S. intelligence reports on 'inauguration day' - raising questions over why they featured in them
Donald Trump Will Sign Bill Bearing John McCain's Name as He Continues to Mock Senator Dying From Cancer have 439 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 13, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.