STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — A 32-year-old felon has been charged with a slashing at the New Dorp train station, only days before he allegedly threatened police officers with a knife.
Ronald Izzo, 32, of Ebbitts Street, New Dorp, was arrested on Tuesday for the stabbing that occurred on May 10 at about 4:50 p.m. at the train station, according to the criminal complaint and police.
Izzo allegedly accosted the victim, a 60-year-old stranger, while on board a Tottenville-bound Staten Island Railway train approaching the New Dorp station, according to the criminal complaint and police.
“Are you following me?” the suspect allegedly asked the victim, the criminal complaint said.
Izzo then allegedly used an unspecified cutting instrument to stab the 60-year-old man as the senior was exiting the train and stepping onto the platform. Izzo allegedly ran away in the direction of Rose Avenue, authorities said.
The victim had a cut that required stitches, according to the complaint.
Charges in the May 10 incident included assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
During a separate arrest, Izzo allegedly brandished a knife at two male police officers on May 16 at about 9 p.m. inside an apartment on Ebbitts Street, according to the criminal complaint and the indictment.
“Don’t touch me, get away from me,” Izzo allegedly said as he waved the knife, according to the complaint.
A third male police officer was injured with a pulled muscle while trying to arrest Izzo, who allegedly was flailing his arms and kicking, according to the criminal complaint and indictment.
For the dustup on May 16, Izzo was indicted on charges of menacing a police officer, criminal possession of a weapon and resisting arrest. His case is winding its way through state Supreme Court.
The suspect was convicted of burglary in November, 2012 and sentenced to one year in jail, according to the complaint and indictment.
Izzo is being held at Rikers Island, according to public records.
- Wanted man worked yards from Belfast police station
- D.A.: Man hit with a shovel in New Dorp Beach
- Richmond man held in stabbing at BART station
- Donaldsonville breaks ground on new fire station
- Bloody man restrained by BART police, Ashby Station temporarily closed
- Man fatally stabbed in New Orleans hotel was Pennsylvania jewelry store owner: reports
- Man who ran over cop’s foot now accused of hurting 3 cops during drug arrest in New Dorp
- Brutal and bizarre: New details emerge in random assault on New Dorp Lane
- Cocaine sale to undercover cop will cost New Dorp man