CLEVELAND, Ohio – Boaters and birders have been upfront about their opposition to the six-turbine Icebreaker Wind project planned for Lake Erie, but a new, powerful voice of resistance has recently emerged: Big Coal. In documents and sworn statements filed with the Ohio Power Siting Board on Thursday, the wind farm developers presented evidence that Murray Energy Corp. has been bankrolling anti-Icebreaker consultants, as well as lawyers representing two Bratenahl residents who have testified against the project. Cody E. Nett, a spokesman for Murray Energy, confirmed the company’s involvement by e-mail and said, “Murray Energy is pleased that its outside counsel… can assist the Bratenahl residents to prevent Icebreaker from steam-rolling this project through the Ohio Power Siting Board certification process without the public scrutiny and opposition that it deserves.” Robert Murray, of Moreland Hills, is the founder and CEO of Murray Energy Corp., the nation’s largest privately-owned coal company.Chuck Crow/The Plain Dealer Robert Murray, who has homes in Moreland Hills and Belmont County, is the founder and CEO of the nation’s largest privately-owned coal company, with 16 active mines in five states and Colombia, South America. As coal sales plunge and hundreds of coal-fired power plants are shut down… Read full this story
- Lake Erie Sets New Record As Water Levels Continue To Surge
- "Severe" algae bloom in store for Lake Erie
- Trung Nam Group to set 16 wind turbines in service in Ninh Thuan
- Adani Green Energy Q4 results: Posts Rs 55 crore net profit
- Trending stocks: Adani Green Energy share price up 1%
- Tangedco owes ₹437 crore to Adani Green Energy
- Climate Activists Want Michael Moore’s Doc Panning Green Energy Banned, Say It’s Chock Full Of Misinformation
- COVID-19 impact: Green energy installation trips in February, March
- Two Japanese companies develop green energy in Cambodia
- Michael Moore’s green energy takedown—worse than Netflix’s Goop series?
Big Coal joins fight against Lake Erie green energy wind turbines have 323 words, post on www.cleveland.com at August 5, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.