Mike Wilson Knoxville News Sentinel Published 5:45 PM EDT Apr 20, 2019 Bearden graduate Lane Thomas made his Major League Baseball debut on Wednesday. The St. Louis Cardinals outfielder had to wait until Friday for his first at-bat, however, and he was ready for the stage. Thomas homered on the second pitch he saw from New York Mets reliever Seth Lugo. Thomas was called up from Triple-A Memphis on Wednesday with Harrison Bader and Tyler O’Neill on the injured list. He was drafted in the fifth-round of the 2014 MLB Draft by the Toronto Blue Jays. He was traded to the Cardinals in 2017. Thomas hit .410 with 17 home runs and 40 RBI for Bearden in his senior season. He committed to play baseball at Tennessee as a sophomore.
- Storm kills 1, injures 100 in St Louis
- Vatican Cardinal to visit Vietnam
- Pope Benedict XVI gives last audience in St. Peter's
- Pope removes cardinals in shake-up of Vatican bank
- Cardinals to begin pre-conclave talks in Vatican
- Foreign cardinals visit HCM City, meet with parishioners
- Catholics make public disorder at 42 Nha Chung St.
- Pope names six new cardinals
- Mysterious bat flock at Doi pagoda
- Thousands of people welcome St. Don Bosco's remains
Bearden grad Lane Thomas homers in first at-bat with St. Louis Cardinals have 205 words, post on eu.knoxnews.com at August 23, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.