Police told Fresno ABC station KFSN the child was in a bedroom at his home when the accidental shooting occurred. The child’s parents were not home at the time, but he was being watched by family friends.
“At the time that this occurred, there were two adults inside the home with the child. Neither of them are the child’s parents,” Fresno Police Department Lt. Rob Beck told KFSN.
Police said it was unclear who owned the gun, whether it was the child’s parents or the adults watching the child at the time.
“You’re required to, if you have firearms in the home, they need to be locked and out of reach of children,” Beck told KFSN.
The child was rushed to the hospital, but did not survive.
- Texas gunman shot 2 times by armed civilian, 1 shot to the head was self-inflicted
- Saudi Arabia has some ‘self-inflicted wounds’ from its battle for the oil market
- Artist Sews Self-Inflicted Sculpture Into Her Flesh To Show How Women's Work Is NOT Easy
- Del Rosario: Wang wang and self-inflicted traffic!
- Trump’s self-inflicted crises could derail the GOP’s plans for healthcare reform and tax cuts
- Ratings dip self-inflicted, senators say
- IMF’s Lagarde warns G20 to avoid ‘self-inflicted’ wounds
- Resolve to prevent self-inflicted diseases with lifestyle change
- Toddler dies as measles outbreak hits German capital
- Body Of Malaysian Who Died At Everest To Return Home Today