Jocelyn McClurg USA TODAY
Published 3:44 p.m. UTC Jul 26, 2018
Omarosa Manigault Newman has claws out in the tell-all book she is writing about the Trump White House.
Gallery Books announced Thursday that “Unhinged: An Insider’s Account of the Trump White House,” being rushed out for an Aug. 14 release, will be an “explosive, jaw-dropping account.”
The former aide to the president, who according to insider media reports was fired in December 2017 and removed “kicking and screaming” from the premises (she says she resigned), will deliver “a stunning tell-all and takedown” that is a “must-read for any concerned citizen,” the publisher’s breathless news release promised.
Galley Books says the reality TV star’s 15-year relationship with President Donald Trump “has come to a decisive and definitive end, and Omarosa is finally ready to share her side of the story.”
Hints of what might be forthcoming from “Unhinged” can be gleaned from comments Omarosa made when she appeared on “Big Brother: Celebrity Edition” on CBS in February.
The one-time “Apprentice” villain compared the “Big Brother” reality competition to the White House, saying “there’s a lot of people (here) that want to stab me in the back.”
In another episode, she said that “all the people around (Trump) attacked me. It was like, ‘Keep her away. Don’t give her access. Don’t let her talk to him.’ It’s like, Ivanka (Trump is) there. Jared (Kushner is) there.”
She also tearfully worried about the state of the Trump White House. “It’s bad,” she said. “It’s not going to be OK. It’s not.”
More: Omarosa on Trump after her ‘Big Brother’ exit: We can be OK after all. And who won?
More: Omarosa tearfully opens up about Trump White House on ‘Big Brother’: ‘It’s not going to be OK’
Rumors that Omarosa was pursuing a book deal have been floating for a while. RadarOnline.com reported she was having trouble landing a publisher because her asking price was too high. The amount of her Gallery Books deal was not released.
Omarosa’s job in the administration was outreach to black colleges and universities and working on racial disparities in the military justice system. Her official title was assistant to the president and director of communications for the Office of Public Liaison.
She appeared on Trump’s “Apprentice” and “Celebrity Apprentice TV” franchises and came to be known as the contestant viewers loved to hate. But she was rewarded with a White House job after emerging as a loyal supporter during Trump’s presidential campaign.
After departing her White House gig, Trump tweeted, “Thank you Omarosa for your service! I wish you continued success.”
What will he tweet about “Unhinged”? Stay tuned.
- Twitter Gets Imaginative After ‘Triggering’ Omarosa is Dumped From Trump White House
- Trump White House Tell-All Gets Early Release, Four Days Ahead of Schedule
- Jake Tapper Nails The Hypocrisy Of How Trump White House Deals With The Press
- Report: Omarosa about to drop tell-all book on Trump White House
- Chris Christie: ‘What the Hell Was Somebody Like Omarosa Ever Doing in the White House?’
- 5 Most Jaw-Dropping Steve Bannon Quotes From New Book on Trump White House
- New Book Alleges Kellyanne Conway ‘Number One Leaker’ in Trump White House
- The Eye of the Storm: Trump White House Reportedly Has Someone Monitoring Stormy Daniels Fallout
- CNN’s New Day Breaks Down Trump White House Firings and Scandals: Rex Lasted 42 ‘Scaramuccis’
- Conservative Pundit S.E. Cupp Hits Trump White House Right In The Balls