There was plenty of news across Georgia on Thursday. If you missed any of it on your local Patch, here’s a roundup of some of the top stories from the past 24 hours.
- Community Rallies Around Family Of Woman Killed In Explosion
- Man Dies In DeKalb House Fire: Reports
- Lexus Thief At Large After Shooting Owner: Reports
- Man, 74, Dies After Running Red Light, T-Boning Other Car: Cops
A man charged with armed robbery and home invasion is at large Thursday after authorities say he removed his ankle monitor and fled while he was out of jail on bond.
The Bartow County School System is mourning the loss of one of its educators who lost her battle with cancer. Kathy Lynn Whybark Morris died Saturday, June 30; backpacks will be filled with school supplies in her honor to be delivered to Hamilton Crossing Elementary students.
A woman was pepper sprayed in the face as carjackers asked for money and then stole her car at the Douglasville Walmart Tuesday, according to police. The victim told police that when she get some money from her car, she was blasted with the pepper spray.
A Fulton County grand jury has indicted a couple on charges stemming from allegations they scammed area residents out of tens of thousands of dollars. The grand jury on June 29 indicted Kenneth Delos Hall and Randy Babin Hall on two counts each of theft by conversion, court records show.
A Dacula man was arrested Wednesday after biting a 14-year-old girl’s buttocks while she was swimming with her family at Lake Lanier. He faces several charges, including sexual battery against a child under the age of 16.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is taking a new step in fighting human trafficking, releasing a flyer that is required to be posted at public establishments. The flyer lists instructions and emergency contact numbers, in English and Spanish, in case you suspect that someone is a victim of human trafficking.
Recent Metro Restaurant Inspections
- Restaurant Inspections: Tokyo Bay Scores 91 On Follow-Up
- Restaurant Inspections: ‘Excessive’ Flies In Kitchen
Contribute your own content to Patch by signing up for an account and clicking the “Post on Patch” button at the top right of the site.
Also Worth A Look Today
- Discover Gwinnett Parks During Month-Long Celebration
- Credit Card Skimmers: GA Drivers Should Pay Cash For Gas
- Man Accused Of Attacking Girlfriend Charged With Meth Possession
- Alpharetta Man Killed In Forsyth County Crash
- Ga. 400 Hospitality Ride Returns July 8 In North Fulton
- Dad Hog-Tied, Burned Teen With Shock Collars: Cops
- Hotel Workers May Soon Be Armed With Panic Buttons
- Owner Leaves Dog In Truck On Hot Day (Video)
- Watch Firework-Armed Woman Storm Crown Heights
- ‘Ant-Man And The Wasp’ Hits Theaters This Weekend
Thank you for reading! Find Your Patch and more news of the day, including our most-read stories.
SIGN UP: (For more news like this, find your local Patch here. If you have an iPhone, click here to get the free Patch iPhone app; download the free Patch Android app here. And like Patch on Facebook!)
Image via Shutterstock
- Tesla Driver Who Died In Pleasanton Crash Identified
- 2G scam case: CBI appeal infructuous in view of new anti-graft law, A. Raja tells HC
- 2G scam case: CBI appeal infructuous in view of new anti-graft law, A Raja tells HC
- Afghanistan war logs: US covered up fatal Taliban missile strike on Chinook
- Coronavirus death toll rockets to EIGHTY with 24 new fatalities reported at the outbreak’s epicentre in Wuhan and nearly 400 new cases as experts warn it can spread BEFORE symptoms show
- Adam Driver Returns as Kylo Ren in Undercover Boss: Where Are They Now SNL Sketch
- Fog likely to figure prominently in probe of Kobe Bryant's fatal helicopter crash
- Kano New Emirates: Court fixes Feb.27 for continuation of elders’ suit
- Alleged $1.2 bn Scam: Court to rule on Adoke’s bail application on Thursday
- ‘Fatal accidents have gone down over the last 3 years’