By Joey Kaufman | [email protected] | Orange County RegisterPUBLISHED: June 4, 2018 at 10:42 am | UPDATED: June 4, 2018 at 10:50 am Carson Palmer is officially a candidate for the College Football Hall of Fame. The Heisman Trophy winner from USC appeared on the ballot for the class of 2019, the National Football Foundation announced Monday. It marked his first appearance on the ballot, which included 76 players and six coaches from the NCAA’s Football Bowl Subdivision. Palmer was the school’s first quarterback to win the Heisman Trophy, doing so as a senior in 2002. During the 11-2 season, he led the Trojans to the Orange Bowl, the first of their seven consecutive BCS bowl game appearances during a celebrated run under former coach Pete Carroll. They also shared the Pac-10 Conference championship with Washington State that fall. It was then the winningest season for the program in more than two decades. Sign up for Home Turf and get 3 exclusive stories every SoCal sports fan must read, sent daily. Subscribe here. Over Palmer’s college career, spanning from 1998-2002, the strong-armed passer threw for 11,818 yards and 72 touchdowns. Palmer’s career passing yards remained a school record until his… Read full this story
- College Football Hall of Fame Class of 2019 ballot includes Steve McNair, Vince Young, Ray Lewis, Troy Polamalu, Carson Palmer and Marvin Harrison
- Is CU Buffs great Rashaan Salaam a victim of a “personal vendetta” among College Football Hall of Fame voters?
- Analysis: Picking the 2020 class for College Football Hall of Fame
- Former LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey named member of 2020 College Football Hall of Fame Class
- Michael Westbrook, former CU Buffs WR, selected to College Football Hall of Fame
- Eric Dickerson, Steve McNair, Eric Crouch headline 2020 College Football Hall of Fame class
- Eric Dickerson, Eric Crouch, and Steve McNair headline 2020 College Football Hall of Fame Class
- AP Top 25 Podcast: The state of college football officiating
- Trump to Attend College Football Title Game in ‘Crime Infested’ Atlanta
- Full list of 2020 college football pro days
Former USC quarterback Carson Palmer debuts on College Football Hall of Fame ballot have 340 words, post on www.dailybreeze.com at June 4, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.