Call him an accidental country artist. When Jordan Davis started his music career, he was laser-focused on songwriting. But his publisher noticed something special in his voice as well as his songs – and now his growing legion of fans get to enjoy both, too. Last month Davis notched his first No. 1 hit with “Singles You Up,” and the equally catchy “Take It From Me” has just been teed up (with the most adds at country radio this week) for his latest single release. The 30-year-old native of Shreveport, Louisiana, is also celebrating an impressive reception of his debut album, Home State, released in March. This summer he’ll be touring, along with Chris Janson, on Jake Owen’s “Life’s Whatcha Make It” tour. Here are five more things you need to know about this rising star: Image zoom Jordan Davis Eric Ryan Anderson 1. Music is his first love, but his second choice in careers. Davis grew up listening to his dad’s playlist of country’s poet laureates, including Kris Kristofferson and John Prine, and he has been playing the guitar and avidly writing songs since his early teens. But his mom, he said, nudged him toward more practical pursuits, and… Read full this story
- Tyler Breeze Talks Returning for NXT Takeover 25, Velveteen Dream and How Saturday is "Sink or Swim"
- Anthony Davis Returning To Lakers Lineup Vs. Celtics; Walker, Brown Expect To Play For Boston
- Clive Davis: The Last Record Man
- BAZ BAMIGBOYE: Jamie Foxx and Michael B. Jordan team up and fight for justice in gritty Death Row drama
- Pepper lifts UC Davis past Long Beach St. 85-82
- Lupita Nyong'o on the scares and exhaustion of her dual role in Jordan Peele's
- Nico Rosberg to Michael Jordan, shock exits from other walks of life
- Exclusive: Strictly's Ola Jordan and James Jordan open up about their two-year IVF struggle
- John Millman wins Australian Open second-round match, Jordan Thompson loses five-setter
- Living the teen dream! 16-year-old Dance Moms star-turned-YouTube sensation JoJo Siwa shows off her new $3.5 MILLION mansion - complete with a merch store, a basketball court, and an in-home 7-Eleven
Jordan Davis Never Dreamed of a Singing Career — But Now He Has a No. 1 Hit have 365 words, post on people.com at May 7, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.