JUST two of Scotland’s 40 listed trading companies have so far hit a Government target for larger businesses of having at least 33 per cent of board positions filled by women With only five of the 103 executive directors at these businesses being female, the chairwoman of Women’s Enterprise Scotland said the progress being made is “astonishingly poor”. When non-executive directors are included, 17.1 per cent of board seats are occupied by women. Loading article content On a more positive note, within the 11 Scottish trading companies on the FTSE 350 list of the UK’s biggest businesses, this rises to 26.2 per cent, ahead of the FTSE 350 average of 24.5 per cent. And the total number of women sitting on the boards of Scottish trading companies listed on the London Stock Exchange has increased by five in the past year, to 50. But research by The Herald has also discovered that the number of females in executive positions within this group of 40 companies has fallen to just five, from eight last year. “Whatever way you look at it, the figures are astonishingly poor,” said Lynne Cadenhead. “The rate of change is at best glacial and there is no… Read full this story
- Nonprofit Help - Executive Director As Board Member?
- Executive Director Recruitment - How To Recruit The Right Way
- Trendsetters in Senior Living, Several Top Executives Reveal Careers in Serving Seniors
- LinkedIn Profiles and Your Executive Resume - What's the Difference?
- Women's Leadership - Professional Development Or Personal Development
- What Do Executives Say Are the Greatest Unmet Needs in Not-for-profit Leadership?
- Non-Traditional Occupations For Women - Cracking the Glass Ceiling at Corporations
- Kettlebell Women - 2 Great Kettlebell Lifts Women Can Use to Develop Amazing Glutes, Abs, and Legs!
- Socialization - Women's Role in Society
- The Best Herbal Libido Enhancers For Women Revealed
REVEALED: Only five of Scotland's 103 executive directors are women have 312 words, post on www.heraldscotland.com at January 22, 2018. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.