With the federal tax overhaul signed into law, Marylanders are wondering if it might be best to squeeze in property tax payments for 2018 early, so that those payments can be fully deducted on 2017 returns.
The following counties in the Baltimore area will accept early payments. (Note: Officials caution that paying ahead of time isn’t guaranteed to reap the financial benefits that taxpayers seek.) Property owners with questions about pre-paying next year’s property taxes can contact their local government.
Anne Arundel County: Will accept early payments (410-222-1144)
Baltimore City: Will accept early payments (410-396-3987)
Baltimore County: Will accept early payments (410-887-2404)
Carroll County: Will not accept early payments (410-386-2971)
Harford County: Will accept early payments (410-638-3269)
Howard County: Will accept early payments (410-313-2062)
- Bay Area corporate giants tangle with counties in high-stakes property tax disputes
- Think Dallas-Fort Worth property taxes are high? Well, you're right
- Why Texas' property tax system is unfair to us all, even a school board president whose home lost value
- Orange County Republicans Pound Anti-Tax Message to Stop ‘Blue Wave’
- 45 Migrants Found Dead in One Texas County in 2018 — 80 Miles from Border
- Microsoft promises fix for .Zip file issue in October 2018 Update by 'early November'
- Cook County dropped its pop tax, but states across U.S. renewing push to tax sugary drinks
- Newegg Black Friday 2018: all the early deals until Cyber Monday
- Amazon Prime Day 2018: The best early deals in tech so far
- Apple now accepts 2018 MacBooks into its keyboard repair program