“…Jerusalem, the city the Lord had chosen out of all the tribes of Israel in which to put his Name.” 2 Chronicles 12:13Leave it to President Trump to acknowledge the elephant in the room by stating: “Jerusalem is the eternal capital of Israel.” But Trump didn’t stop there. He did what Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush promised to do when campaigning but never accomplished in the Oval Office. He ordered that the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv be relocated to Jerusalem.Congress passed and Clinton signed the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995, which said “The United States Embassy in Israel should be established in Jerusalem no later than May 31, 1999.” But no president until Trump followed through with the order. More: Varvel: Why Matt Lauer, Charlie Rose fell More: Varvel: A Christian case for the Mike Pence rule More: Sign up for ‘Views from the Right’ newsletter Many evangelicals have celebrated Trump’s announcement, but others are concerned. Those who are concerned fear that Trump’s directive will be viewed as demeaning to the Palestinian people.Just as “God so loved the world…,” evangelicals are committed to love all people equally, including Israelis and their neighbors. So rejoicing at the recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel could be viewed as… Read full this story
- Donald Trump warns Israel that new settlements 'may not help' peace process
- Why do US evangelicals support Trump's Jerusalem policy?
- UN votes resoundingly to reject Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as capital
- US VP Mike Pence visits East Jerusalem amidst capital controversy
- Can Trump Broker Israel-Palestinian Peace? Don't Hold Your Breath
- Trump Says Israel Should “Get Their Act Together” on Eve of Europe Visit
- Former Republican Leader Says By the Time Party Members Agree Trump Has Crossed the Line 'It'll Be Too Late'
- Iran deal: prominent backer says he was warned of Trump bid to discredit him
- Christian evangelicals harvest land in settlements Israel hopes to annex
- President Trump: The most pro Israel president ever?
Varvel: Why this evangelical agrees with Trump, Jerusalem is Israel’s capital have 343 words, post on www.indystar.com at December 12, 2017. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.