BRITS have been sharing hilarious weather memes online as the UK battles torrential downpours.
Social media has been flooded with comical posts about broken umbrellas, the “Biblical” heavy rain and extremely soggy journeys to work.
Britain basked in glorious sunshine last week – but now the nation is being hitting by pelting rain, fierce winds and plummeting temperatures.
It’s been predicted that 40-60mm of rain will fall over the next 24 hours, with west Wales and north-west England being the worst affected.
According to Met Office data, this is around the same amount expected to fall in a MONTH at this time of year.
Brits have responded to the unseasonal downpours the only way they know how – with humour.
Taking to Twitter, @irwinjc shared a gif of a man dancing in the rain with his shirt open, which he captioned: “Omg the weather is Biblical this morning. Practically flew to the station. #rain.”
@cca_maths posted a clip of a miserable man crying while standing in a heavy shower, which was captioned: “Enjoying the #rain this morning?”
@Frames_by_post shared a picture of a hooded man standing in grim weather, captioned: “Happy Summer everyone! #Rain.”
While @TheCrimeVault uploaded a grainy black and white film of a man strolling through the rain. It read: “Live footage of people walking into the office… ‘rain.”
@RobWHUFCjames posted a gif of Martin Freeman in a downpour. “It’s raining & #rain is trending very British,” the caption read.
Some social media users vented about their broken umbrellas.
@thirdsectorpr commented: “We all came in to the office drenched this morning, it appears none of our umbrellas worked. #rain #britishsummertime”, alongside a clip of Mickey Mouse getting soaked.
@blue6oy shared a picture of Nemo and Dory from Finding Nemo dodging jellyfish. It was captioned: “Dodging people with umbrellas in the #rain like…”
@drivelikeagirl shared a comical meme of a sports journalist with her brolly flying away in the wind. “Every Brit today #BritishSummer #Rain,” the caption read.
@Change_of_Place moaned: “This London #rain has me checking flights for ASAP. It’s June. We don’t deserve this.”
While @mi_sato_25 appeared to be keeping calm and carrying on as he shared a meme of a man barbecuing through the flood: “Woke up miserable to see the #rain then I remembered I am British.”
Oli Claydon, from the Met Office, told The Sun Online: “These sorts of amounts could be seen anywhere within the yellow weather warning for rain – it’s South Wales including Cardiff, up the west Welsh coast and then across and sort of taking a corner out of northwestern England as well.”
The UK is also in store for strong winds – with the Bristol channel and other south-western coastal areas, including Wales, at risk of 50mph gusts.
But Mr Claydon confirmed these gusts shouldn’t cause any disruption and while blustery were not enough to warrant a warning.
He added: “Gusts of 50 knots [around 50mph] are usually recorded somewhere in June every year.”
Temperatures could reach the mid-twenties in the south east, with cooler temperatures of around 13C predicted in the very north of Scotland and 16C in Aberdeen.
But it’s not all bad news – even though temperatures have dropped from last week’s dizzying heights, things should improve throughout the week, with the weather drying up towards the weekend.
Mr Claydon said: “It’s certainly warming as we go through the week, so today you might see maybe 20C in the South East and London.
“Generally speaking, the south-east is the mildest place. We’ll be getting up into the twenties and could even be into the mid-twenties by the end of the week. [There’s] higher band of 25C by the time we get into Friday, and again that’s in the south east.”
- Britain braces for ANOTHER deluge today when two weeks' rain batters UK in just three hours as floods spread to North West - after major incident is declared with families evacuated from homes
- UK flights banned as volcanic ash causes disruption across Europe
- The dark secrets of evil people smuggling trade after 39 dead bodies found in Essex lorry
- Celebrity deaths in 2017: Famous faces gone too soon from Sir Bruce Forsyth to Gogglebox's Leon Bernicoff
- How Bulgaria became a ‘hotbed’ for vile people smuggling trade with kingpins enjoying lavish lifestyles in the shadows
- UK will have to give up all EU perks after Brexit, François Hollande warns
- Celebrity Big Brother winners: Famous faces who took the title from 2001 to 2018
- The clean-up begins: Troops are called in to help villages after rivers burst, homes are ruined and bridges collapse as Britain's crazy summer weather brings flash floods and hailstones
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’s Mark Hamill Shares a Hilarious Look at Luke Skywalker Riding Godzilla
- New on Netflix UK – the best series, movies, shows and documentaries out every day
- Surviving and thriving after fires, cyclones, storms and floods: Incredible pictures celebrate Australians' resilience as their lives are torn apart by natural disasters
- 50 of the best hotels and B&Bs in the UK
- Camila Cabello splits with her ‘heartbroken’ British love guru boyfriend Matthew Hussey
- Calls for 'shameless' RT to be shut down over 'absurd' novichok interview - as critics claim Kremlin-funded station flouts Ofcom and uses UK politicians as 'propaganda tools'
- Nice bit of mild! Britain will enjoy balmy 54F highs for another week as jet stream keeps European chills out... before Siberian SNOW hits by end of month
- Thomas Cook's timeline of triumph and tragedy - from teetotal day trips to total collapse
- Tony Blair's conference speech 2005
- Airport chaos for families as summer holidays are delayed after heatwave and storms caused flights and trains to be cancelled and sparked Air Traffic Control glitch... with delays set to last into tomorrow
- It WAS Britain's hottest day in history! Forecasters are poised to announce yesterday was a record-breaker after new recording of 101.66F emerges
- The hills are ablaze! Wildfires spark across bone-dry Britain after hottest winter day on record - as Britons bask in last blast of three-day Inferno February
|Star Wars: Episode VI - The Return of the Jedi - Jabba iPhone 5 Case (check at Amazon)||3.0|
|Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazzard (check at Amazon)||3.2|
|Lord of the Rings The Return of the King - Gamecube (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Lord of The Rings: The Return of The King $6.64 (check at Amazon)||4.2|
|The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (PS2) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Super Star Wars Trilogy 3 Game Bundle (Super Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and The Return of the Jedi) for Super Nintendo (check at Amazon)||5.0|
|Norse by Norsewest: The Return of the Lost Vikings (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Lunar Genesis (Nintendo DS) The return of an RPG legend! (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Gunfighter 2: The Return of Jesse James (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (Special DiviMax Edition) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Special Extended Edition) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Darkman Trilogy (Darkman / Darkman II: The Return Of Durant / Darkman III: Die Darkman Die) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [Blu-ray] (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker/Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman Double Feature (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam [Blu-ray] (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Return of Jafar (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Hallmark Hall of Fame: The Return of the Native $12.62 (check at Amazon)||4.3|
|Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam (DC Showcase) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Return of the Living Dead (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Return of Jafar/Aladdin and the King of Thieves (Aladdin 2 & 3 Collection) (check at Amazon)||4.1|
|Dragon Ball Z - The Return of Cooler (Uncut Feature) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Return of the Vampire (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) [Blu-ray] (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Spider-Man - The Return of the Green Goblin (Animated Series) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (Theatrical and Extended Limited Edition) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Star Trek - The Original Series, Vol. 11, Episodes 21 & 22: Tomorrow is Yesterday/ The Return of the Archons (check at Amazon)||4.6|
|The Return of Eliot Ness (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Return of the Pink Panther (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Celebrating The Music Of The Billy Graham Crusades $85.99 (check at Amazon)||4.8|
|The Return of Godzilla (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Another Day, Another Time - Celebrating The Music Of Inside Llewyn Davis [DVD] (check at Amazon)||1.0|
|The Return of the Native (Gold Crown Collector's Edition) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Return of Sherlock Holmes Collection (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Return of the Daughters (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Return of a Man Called Horse (check at Amazon)||4.4|
|Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers / Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers (Halloween Double Feature) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Return of Ironside (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Trancers 2: The Return of Jack Deth [Blu-ray] (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Platinum Series Special Extended Edition) (2003) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Lord of the Rings Deluxe Edition/The Hobbit Deluxe Edition/The Return of the King Deluxe Edition/ (3-Pack/Giftset/DVD) (check at Amazon)||3.9|
|Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Holy Russia: Celebrates the Festival of Christmas (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Mucha Lucha - The Return of El Malefico (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The History Channel : Israel : The Formation of the Jewish State and the Return of the Jewish People to the Land (check at Amazon)||1.0|
|Celebrating the Music of Weather Report (check at Amazon)||3.2|
|Texas on the Table: People, Places, and Recipes Celebrating the Flavors of the Lone Star State (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Two Plus Four Equals One: Celebrating the Partnership of People with Disabilities and Their Assistance Dogs (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|One People, One Blood: Ethiopian-Israelis and the Return to Judaism (Jewish Cultures of the World) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Cry Heaven Cry Hell...The Return of Miss Mary Weather (check at Amazon)||0.0|
People share hilarious weather memes celebrating the return of ‘British summertime’ as ‘Biblical’ rain hits UK have 1671 words, post on www.thesun.ie at June 6, 2017. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.