On January 21, the Vietnamese Embassy in the US held a New Year celebration for OVs in Washington DC and adjacent areas, which was attended by nearly 300 Vietnamese expatriates in the country. Speaking at the event, Vietnamese Ambassador to the US Pham Quang Vinh told participants on the country’s development, affirming that the Vietnamese community abroad is an indispensable part of the nation. The diplomat highly appreciated the great contributions by OVs in the US to the homeland’s development, and stressed the embassy will try better efforts to facilitate activities of the community at home, contributing to the national development. Ambassador Vinh said the affiliation between Vietnam and the US has strongly developed in various fields after the visit to the US by Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong in July 2015 and US President Barack Obama’s visit to Vietnam in May last year. The Ambassador said he believes that the bilateral ties will be further strengthened in a practical, effective, stable and long-term manner in the coming time. On the same day, overseas Vietnamese in South Africa also held a ceremony to mark the Vietnam’s biggest traditional event. Addressing the event, Vietnamese Ambassador to South Africa Vu Van…
- Pregnancy Without Pounds - And Having a Baby in the 'Lunar New Year' of the Pig
- Hot Drinks to Welcome The New Year With
- What to Expect as a Tourist in China on the Chinese New Year
- South Africa Revisited
- Chinese New Year: Fifteen Days of Celebration
- Host Your Own Fire-Cracking Chinese New Year Celebration
- Making A Living In The 'New' South Africa
- Is South Africa a Wonderful Country?
- 'Pay it Forward' - It's Happening in South Africa
- Honeymoon Safaris in South Africa
Overseas Vietnamese in US, South Africa and Canada welcome Lunar New Year - Social affair have 300 words, post on at March 29, 2017. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.