American Repertory Ballet and the Princeton Ballet School awarded incoming Rutgers Student Iraida Izaquirre the Gregory Hines Dance Power endowed scholarship. This scholarship was established by Hines, the honorary national chair for Dance Power, before his untimely passing. It earmarks annual funds for a student graduating from ARB’s Dance Power Scholars Program to attend the university.As a third-grader at Livingston School in New Brunswick, Izaguirre received a scholarship through ARB’s flagship residency program, Dance Power, which gave her the opportunity to take classes at Princeton Ballet School free of charge throughout high school. As part of ARB’s Dance Power Scholars Program, Izaguirre was able to attend the Princeton Ballet School on full scholarship during her high school years.Soon to be an incoming freshman at Rutgers University, she plans to double major in criminal justice and sociology. “It’s been a blessing being a part of this wonderful program,” said Izaguirre. “Dance Power has been there for me a long time. Here’s to another chapter of my life!”For more information about American Repertory Ballet visit www.arballet.org READ: Student news from around Central Jersey READ, WATCH and LOOK: Central Jersey’s Class of 2016 READ: Central Jersey’s Caring Community Alvernia UniversityArielle Phillips of Old Bridge at Alvernia University in… Read full this story
- At Least 4 Dead in New Brunswick Shooting, Police Say
- Canada mass shooting: At least 4 dead in New Brunswick shooting, police say
- 1 of 2 missing Freehold teens found in New Brunswick
- 100 men usher Harrisburg students into new school yearYou may also be interested in...
- Bulgarian man from New Brunswick, whose family fled communism, deported from NJ
- New Brunswick man whose family fled Bulgaria deported
- New Brunswick takes big step forward for the environment
- Lakewood, New Brunswick workers push for stricter wage theft penalties
- Lakewood, New Brunswick workers want strict wage theft penalties
- New Brunswick juvenile charged with stealing cop car, impersonating officer
Student news: New Brunswick dancer has the power thanks to scholarship have 334 words, post on www.usatoday.com at July 28, 2016. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.