Once in a while a bit of TV or film casting is so perfect—miraculous, even—that watching a performance has you marveling at the stroke of casting genius as much as the actor. Courtney B. Vance never imagined that he’d play famed O.J. Simpson defense attorney, the gregarious Johnnie Cochran. After three decades in show business, the veteran actor had gotten pretty skilled at nailing down his wheelhouse. But once he sat down in the make-up chair on the set of FX’s event series The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story, suited up in Cochran’s flashy wardrobe, and saw himself transformed into the Trial of the Century icon responsible for one of the most memorable lines in modern history—“If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit”—his reaction to the sight mirrored our own amazement. “I’m thinking, ‘How did they know? How did they know I’d look like him? How did they know this? This is amazing,’” Vance remembers. “It was a wonderful, wonderful feeling. That’s when I realized that I just need to get out of the way. The visual is already there. I need to just be.” Of course looking like someone as legendary as Cochran is one thing; capturing… Read full this story
- Robert Lamm of Chicago: ’As long as people want to hear us play, we’re going to want to play’
- Sam Miller knew Cleveland and knew it was its people who made the city great: Tim McGinty (Opinion)
- Former O.J. Simpson Prosecutor Chris Darden Defending Nipsey Hussle’s Accused Shooter Eric Holder
- Amber Heard Claims Johnny Depp Threatened to Kill Her During Years of Abuse
- Amber Heard details Johnny Depp's 'violent conduct'
- Final round of The Masters will start at 7:30 a.m. Sunday with rainy weather forecast
- Carpet Masters of Colorado brings high quality, innovative products to Longmont, Colorado
- Evening of Hope with Guest Speaker Courtney B. Vance
- Francesco Molinari has two-stroke lead heading into Masters final round
- O.J. Simpson prosecutor’s new legal drama: Defending Nipsey Hussle slaying suspect
‘The People v. O.J. Simpson’: How Courtney B. Vance Mastered Playing Johnnie Cochran have 362 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at March 2, 2016. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.