Bollywood movie “Chennai Express”, starring Shah Rukh Khan, has smashed box office records in just 21 days since it opened to become the most profitable movie in India, data showed on Friday. MUMBAI – Bollywood movie “Chennai Express”, starring Shah Rukh Khan, has smashed box office records in just 21 days since it opened to become the most profitable movie in India, data showed on Friday. The film, which has a typical Bollywood mix of action, romance and comedy, has overtaken previous record-holder “3 Idiots” which appeared in 2009 to collect at least 2.11 billion rupees ($30 million) domestically, according to trade weekly Box Office India. The co-producers of “Chennai Express”, Disney UTV, put the figure at a slightly higher 2.18 billion rupees. In India, unlike Hollywood, there is no central data service for box office takings so there is often a discrepancy in the figures, but both estimates surpass the domestic collection of “3 Idiots”, which made a net total of 2.02 billion rupees. “‘Chennai Express’ has broken all records for domestic business and is still gong strong in its theatrical run. A good film, good timing and good luck have contributed to its success,” Vajir Singh, editor of… Read full this story
- Box Office Flops - More Than Meets the Eye?
- You are the Box Office Smash: The Personal Screenplay
- How a poster makes a box office hit
- US Box Office: Titanic (1997) Deconstructed
- Concert Tickets Online - It Pays To Think Outside The Box Office To Secure Those Ultra-Hot Seats
- Spirituality Shines At Summer Box Office
- Bentley Continental GT Smashes World Ice Speed Record
- Newest Car Black Box Driving Recorder with GPS
- Screenwriting: Box Office Blockbusters Deconstructed
- Movie 300 - Box Office Success
Bollywood's 'Chennai Express' smashes Indian box office records have 286 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 31, 2013. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.