Many locations in the Sapa tourist region in northern Vietnam saw snowfall on the morning of March 16. This was the first time local people had witnessed this phenomenon since 2001. Nguyen Manh Ho, Director of the Lao Cai provincial Hydrometeorological Forecast Centre, said that temperatures ranged from 4-7 degrees Celsius in mountainous districts. Temperature was recorded at zero at a location 2km from the town of Sapa, where there was heavy snowfall since 5am. Many local people in the area were rushing to see the snow, which was 2.5cm thick in some places. However, this ‘interesting’ phenomenon in Sapa has also exerted considerable damage on vegetable gardens here.
- Heavy rain, snow, thunderstorms moving onto country during Monday
- Snow weather forecast: Could it snow in October? Latest long-range forecast and charts
- Gale-force winds, heavy rain and frost to hit Britain this weekend
- Met Office 'danger to life' warning for tomorrow over flying debris and rain
- Snow warning as temperatures plunge on coldest morning of autumn
- Greenland polar blast brings risk of minus temperatures and snow this weekend
- Snow in August in Austria and Germany mountains as temperatures drop 15 degrees
- UK weather sees mercury soar to 20C this week but snow may hit later this month
- UK weather – Arctic blast brings plunging temperatures as Brits freeze on coldest day this month and warning that snow could fall
- 'Outside chance of SNOW to hit London in October'
Rain of snow in Sapa have 246 words, post on at March 16, 2011. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.