When your dad stars in two of the biggest film franchises of all time-Star Wars and Harry Potter-there are bound to be perks. For one, “my children [Annabelle, 13, and Harrison, 7] have got an unhealthy amount of wands,” says Warwick Davis, who appears in the Potter films as both Professor Flitwick and Griphook the goblin. And then there was Annabelle’s 13th birthday last March. With Davis on the set shooting Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Annabelle was treated to a surprise celebration in the Great Hall of Hogwarts. “We finished the scene and they brought the cake out,” he recalls. “She was excited but embarrassed. It is quite a surreal experience seeing Alan Rickman, dressed as Snape, singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to you.” The extraordinary is nothing new for Davis, who scored a role as an Ewok in Return of the Jedi at age 11, after his grandmother heard a casting call on the radio. (Favorite memory: costar Carrie Fisher slipping him chocolate milk and cookies every time he took off the Ewok head.) Since then the 3’4″ British actor has gone on to appear in more than 20 films, including fan favorites such as 1986’s Labyrinth and 1988’s… Read full this story
- Goodbye Mr Big... Hello Mr Cub: That's the buzzword for a hot younger lover... just one of the new tribes of men Sex And The City author Candace Bushnell says have transformed dating for divorcees
- Cardi B almost spills out of her VERY low-cut pink gown as cheeky husband Offset grapples with her assets at Clive Davis' star-studded annual pre-Grammy gala
- Dionne Warwick says Donald Trump was nice to her during The Apprentice but she doesn't recognize him now: 'That's not the man that I knew'
- TOM UTLEY: Call me a suicidal, homicidal maniac but I've just taken Mrs U to the pub (it may be the last time for a while)
- Cowboys assistant head coach Rob Davis has important role with team, but it's not what many might think
- Who is John Partridge? Everything you need to know about the Celebrity Big Brother contestant
- Tim Davis - The Hamptons Luxury Market Leader presents: Waterview, the perfect oceanfront escape in the Hamptons
- Geena Davis Explains Why She Took Up Archery — and How She Almost Made the 2000 Olympic Team
- Redskins signing Davis as part of Rivera’s roster makeover
Warwick Davis: Mr. Big have 401 words, post on people.com at December 13, 2010. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.