Believe it or not, I know dozens of people who have put off completing a college degree because they were afraid to take the dreaded public speaking class. I have met business owners who have avoided opportunities to present their products or services to potential prospects because they were terrified of getting up there in front of an audience.
When I hear that, I want to both hug them and shake them at the same time. It’s ok to be nervous, but one of the fastest ways to grow your business is by public speaking and avoiding it is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. It’s so simple to develop a great presentation. Once you get out there and present it a few times, you’ll see how great speaking can be to help you get more people wanting to do business with you.
If you are the person in the front of the room sharing important information that your audience wants to hear, they will be excited to learn what you have to teach them. You have instant credibility just by being the person asked to speak as an expert on a particular issue. Further, when you’re finished, many in your audience will want to hear more. People will line up to talk to you because they want to know what you think about their personal story. Or they have an example they didn’t want to share in front of the group. What a perfect opportunity for you to begin developing a business relationship!
Not sure where to begin? Here are some tips to consider as you develop a presentation that will wow any audience and get them interested in doing business with you.
1. First, start off with something powerful that makes your audience sit up and think, “This is going to be good. I can’t wait to hear what’s next!” Known as an attention-getter, the first words out of your mouth are crucial to getting your audience interested and engaged with you right away.
2. Next, know and address your audience. Who is there? Be sure you’re speaking their language and addressing the topics your audience wants to hear. For example, if you’re a parenting coach be sure you share stories of your kids or kids you have known or parents you have helped. If you’re a computer or technical expert speaking to a room full of non-tech people, make sure you avoid any language that will confuse your audience and speak “plain English.”
3. Have no more than three to five main points, regardless of how much time you have to speak. This will help your audience follow along with you. If your topic has a lot of areas to cover, think about how you can combine several areas, or sub-points, under one main heading so that you still end up with three to five main points. Be sure to guide your audience through your speech using transitions, clearly moving from one area to the next as you present your information.
4. Make it interactive. Come up with a way that you can involve your audience in your presentation. One simple way to get the audience’s involvement is to asking for questions in between main points, which will also serve as a nice transition. Here are three questions to try: (1) “Before I move on to my next point, what questions do you have about my first main point?” (2) “Is there anything you were wondering while I was presenting that information?” (3) “What else would you like to know about my first main point?” You could also ask a question and look for a show of hands and then ask someone with her hand up about her experience with whatever it is you’re sharing.
5. Finish strong. After you’ve completed your final main point, review what you’ve presented and remind your audience of a couple of important details you shared. Now is the time to tell your audience about your product or service. Have a sign-up sheet (I always have multiple sign-up sheets) and offer to send anyone who signs up a free article, report, or e-course about your topic. People love free stuff and this is a way for them to continue to learn what you have to offer. After you make your offer, tie your final remarks back to your attention-getter. This will give your audience the feeling that you have taken them full-circle, you’ve shared all the important facts about your topic with them, and you’ve brought closure that makes sense.
While knowing how to put together a great speech won’t necessarily make you less nervous, that’s ok. Feel the fear and do it anyway. Once you take your show on the road a few times and you see for yourself the great results that come with giving a well-prepared, powerful presentation, you may even begin to like public speaking– and start to look forward to your next opportunity to excite an audience. By following these tips as you prepare your presentation, you’ll be well on your way to seeing more business from your next public speaking presentation.
- Bank of England governor Mark Carney criticises bonus caps and bank break-up - as it happened
- How coronavirus almost brought down the global financial system
- How to protect your money during the COVID-19 crisis: Finance coaches reveal how to 'save smart' and cut down bills in the coming months - and why you should NOT touch your super
- Coronavirus is America’s common enemy, but the states aren’t fighting as a team
- Fed will continue to act 'forcefully, proactively and aggressively,' Powell says
- How Biden Is Trying to Win Over Bernie’s Supporters
- Coronavirus: Closing parks and open spaces in lockdown should be 'last resort'
- Coronavirus updates: UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson in ICU, US deaths reach 10,000
- Hard left bullies spoil coronation for Labour's new leader: Sir Keir Starmer storms to victory only to face immediate threat from activists not to betray Jeremy Corbyn's legacy
- Latest covid-19 news in Vietnam and Southeast Asia on April 7 (updated hourly)
- Coronavirus updates: Wuhan ends lockdown, UK prime minister in stable condition in ICU
- The demise of Melvyn Bragg's The South Bank Show
- Is the coronavirus killing press freedom in Africa?
- Australian politics live: Thursday December 6
- What Happens to the Internet After a Disaster?
- There are three things Britain needs to get out of coronavirus lock-down: Treatments, reliable infection data and mass testing. And we don't have ANY of them
- Coronavirus live updates: UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson released from hospital
- Coronavirus live updates: New York Gov. Cuomo says the state’s curve is flattening
- Coronavirus live updates: WHO official says COVID-19 could be a virus that ‘stalks the human race for quite a long time’
- Coronavirus live updates: WHO official says this could be a virus that ‘stalks the human race for quite a long time’
|ARK's Tran-Quill Vibrating Pencil (Royal Blue) - Use the Z-Vibe as a writing tool to improve focus and handwriting (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|How to Use Food as a Training Tool to Teach a Parrot Tricks (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|10-10-10: A Fast and Powerful Way to Get Unstuck in Love, at Work, and with Your Family (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Power of Being a Woman: Secrets to Getting the Life You Want and the Love You Need (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|How to Speak Gooder: Brand-New Rules for Public Speaking in a Digitally Distracted World (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|I Don't Speak Geek: a simple guide to help businesses navigate today’s complex technology choices (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|More Time for You: A Powerful System to Organize Your Work and Get Things Done (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Oral Mentor Texts: A Powerful Tool for Teaching Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|How to effectively overcome MASTURBATION: A powerful tool to demolish the demon of Masturbation. (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Getting Paid for Home Staging OR How to Protect Yourself as a Home Stager and Get Paid All You Deserve (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|A Journalist's Guide to the Internet: The Net as a Reporting Tool (2nd Edition) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Mirror Cards: A Powerful Tool to Enhance Your Relationship (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Speaking As a Leader: How to Lead Every Time You Speak...From Board Rooms to Meeting Rooms, From Town Halls to Phone Calls (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The New Talk Power: The Mind-Body Way to Speak Like a Pro (Capital Ideas for Business & Personal Development) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Dowsing As A Daily Tool: Your Every Day Guide To Intuition On Demand (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Public Speaking as a Liberal Art (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|It's Not the Big That Eat the Small...It's the Fast That Eat the Slow: How to Use Speed as a Competitive Tool in Business (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|A Happy Life For Busy People: Powerful Secrets to Get You There Quickly and Easily (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Horticulture As Therapy: A Practical Guide to Using Horticulture As a Therapeutic Tool (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Lessons from the Podium: Public Speaking as a Leadership Art (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Thinking Completely Outside the Box: Astrology as a Predictive Tool to Prevent Rampage Shootings: James Holmes Aurora, Colorado (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Fear-Less Public Speaking: Simple Tips and Tricks to Make You a Confident Speaker (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Amazing Liver Cleanse: A Powerful Tool to Improve Your Health (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|10-10-10: A Fast and Powerful Way to Get Unstuck in Love, at Work, and with Your Family (Paperback) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Speak to Sell : Using Public Speaking as a Marketing Tool (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Awareness of Marriage as a Spiritual Tool: Getting Back to the Life You Were Destined to Live (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Meditation: The Inner Way : How to Use Meditation As a Powerful Force for Self-Improvement (Paths to Inner Power) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Speaking Professionally: A Concise Guide to Effective Business Presentations (with InfoTrac) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|My Daily Food & Activity Diary - A Powerful Tool To Help You Lose Weight (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Project Power: How to Get a Business Project Done Right the First Time (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Speechwriter's Handbook of Humor: A Practical Guide to Getting Laughs in Public Speeches and Presentations (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Managers As Facilitators: A Practical Guide to Getting the Work Done in a Changing Workplace (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Speak to Sell: Using Public Speaking as a Marketing Tool (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Journalist's Guide to the Internet, A: The Net as a Reporting Tool (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Using the Internet As a Reference Tool: A How To-Do-It Manual for Librarians (How to Do It Manuals for Librarians) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Power Persuasion: A Surefire System To Get Ahead In Business (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Dreamtech: A powerful tool to record and analyze dreams, day dreams, meditations and dream data. (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|No Fear Public Speaking: The Beginner's Guide to Presenting Like a Boss (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|How to Setup a Virtual Office: 10 Tools to Get You Started 2nd Edition (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Thinking Completely Outside the Box: Astrology as a Predictive Tool to Prevent Rampage Shootings (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Easy Freelance Clients: 10 Effective Ways to Get Business and Thrive As a Freelancer (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|12 Steps to Pass as a Millionaire - How to Look Fabulously Rich & Get What You Want - Borrow Time Book Series (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Public Speaking: Become A Master Public Speaker: How to Hook an Audience With Your Speech (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Public Speaking Like A Pro: How to relax, inspire and make them laugh with 60 habits of the world's best presenters (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Rehab for Weight Loss, A Humorous Approach to Getting Skinny and Healthy Pre-Publication (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|A Happy Life For Busy People: Powerful Secrets to Get You There Quickly and Easily (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Lazy Website Syndrome - A 3-Step Sequence to Help You Transform Your Website into a Powerful Tool for Growing Your Business (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|How to Setup a Virtual Office: 10 Tools to Get You Started (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Honey, I Lost My Job! / Help Me Find A Job / How To Get A Job (How To Survive As A Woman Book 3) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|How To Get Over Your Ex-Girlfriend As A Guy In College (Get Over Relationship Jealousy) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
Public Speaking as a Powerful Tool to Get Business have 2058 words, post on www.articlesfactory.com at April 16, 2007. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.