With the number of slick art magazines on the stands today, it’s easy for your work to get washed away in the homogeneous art school world. It’s not easy to be truly original and yet still make your mark. With your own website to showcase your art, you don’t have to deal with the trendy cliques that make up both the ‘legitimate’ art world as well as the ‘underground’ art world.
Here are just a few things you can do with your art website through a reputable web host:
- Show samples of your work. Or show everything you’ve ever done, starting with preschool finger painting. A few digital photographs of your work, whether you specialize in beadwork, painting, weaving, sculpture, or origami, is all you need to create an online portfolio.
- Showcase different styles. An issue that many artists come across is the need for the world to pinhole you into one particular style or discipline. With your website, you can designate a different page of your website to the different artistic techniques that you enjoy.
- List hours and services and prices. Are your services for sale? Do you have paintings or prints, mini versions of your most popular sculptures, or blankets that you have made? If you have something to offer, let people know. There’s no reason that you should be slaving away at some 9-5 job when you could be paying the rent through your art. However, if your 9-5 position is important to you, be sure to list on your site that you’re only available to paint portraits at night and on the weekends.
- Special deals or discounts. Though you will list your prices on the services page, you may offer a discount or a special deal to those who make multiple purchases across your various disciplines, come back often, or refer other customers to your work. If so, this is the place to outline the details.
- Offer a subscription service. If your art is small and something you turn out by the hundreds every month whether or not someone is waiting on the other end, waiting to take them off your hands, then a subscription service may be an idea for you to consider. For example, a ‘Scarf of the Month’ club for knitters or ‘Flash Art of the Month’ for those who draw tattoos or other graphics. Giving people a reason to come back will not only increase your exposure but help you to create a budget that you can depend on.
- Commission order forms. Whether someone wants to specify the yarn, weight, density, size, color, and pattern for a tapestry or if they have some vague idea that perhaps they’d like to get a painting for their brother, it’s easy to design an order form for your art website that will help you understand what exactly it is that they want from you.
- Contact info. Include everything from your cell phone to your email address. They already have your website address, but list it here anyway, in case they copy and paste their information.
- Art newsletter. Whether you focus just on what’s new with you and what new services you have to offer including where you’ll be showing next and new discounts you have to offer or instead write a newsletter on the history, news events, and interesting facts about the type of art you’re interested in, an art newsletter is a great way to remind people who you are and how to find you.
- Part of the community. Offering a link page to fellow artists, framers, and art supply stores may not only earn you a few link-backs on their pages but will make you a source of information in the art community worth book marking.
Above all, be creative when designing your art website through your web host. You will sell yourself and your style through example rather than words alone.
- The Art of Lobbying Ivanka Trump
- Warhol's box of tricks
- Beautiful art made from bacteria, rat liver cells
- Q&A: Mark Frauenfelder, editor-in-chief at MAKE magazine, founder of Boing Boing, DIY legend
- Art, design, and business blend beautifully in Miami
- Posting about my son all over the internet (Status Update, Ep. 3)
- How the ticketing world is taking on scalpers and bots
- Digital comics: Welcome to the club
- Pics or the birth didn't happen (Status Update, Ep. 2)
- How Carl Bass is crafting Autodesk's push for makers like you
- Beware the spin behind Australia's copyright law discussion paper
- Q&A: Mark Dytham, PechaKucha co-founder, on connecting with creative people around us
- The Pirate Bay criticizes Anonymous for DDoS attack
- 3D World
- We Tried To Uncover The Long-Lost 'American Sailor Moon' And Found Something Incredible
- Forever 23: The Rapid Rise and Sudden Disappearance of Velva Darling, Modern Girl Philosopher
- How Women on Twitter Brought Down a Music Publicist Accused of Sexual Assault
- Is This the End of the Era of the Important, Inappropriate Literary Man?
- The Tattoo Industry Is Having Its Own Wrenching, Revelatory #MeToo Moment
- The Man Who Promised Too Much
|Beyond Wood - Portrait of an Artist - The Fine Art of Turned and Sculpted Wood - 6 DVDs all regions (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The New Yorker Magazine Vetting Obama and Dogs 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Hope With the New Day Comes Strength and New Thoughts by Deborah Schenck Black White Photography Wall Art Print Framed Décor (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|NEW Art 101 Artist's Suite - 157 Pc Deluxe Young Artist Painting and Drawing Set (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Gift of Therapy: An Open Letter to a New Generation of Therapists and Their Patients (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Don't Shoot the Dog!: The New Art of Teaching and Training (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|An Eye for Art: Focusing on Great Artists and Their Work (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Don't Shoot the Dog! The New Art of Teaching and Training, Revised Edition (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Don't Shoot the Dog: The New Art of Teaching and Training $28.81 (check at Amazon)||4.4|
|Boost Your Brain: The New Art and Science Behind Enhanced Brain Performance (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Short Lessons in Art History: Artists and Their Work (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The New Art of Photographing Nature: An Updated Guide to Composing Stunning Images of Animals, Nature, and Landscapes (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The New Art of Capturing Love: The Essential Guide to Lesbian and Gay Wedding Photography (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Metropolitan Lives: The Ashcan Artists and Their New York, 1897-1917 (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Artist Revealed: Artists and Their Self-Portraits (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Magical Realism of Alyce Frank (New Mexico Magazine Artist Series) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Howl: The Artwork of Luis Jiménez (New Mexico Magazine Artist Series) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Artists and Their Museums On the Riviera (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Materials of the Artist and Their Use in Painting: With Notes on the Techniques of the Old Masters, Revised Edition (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Retention Fundraising: The New Art and Science of Keeping Your Donors for Life (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Basketmaker's Art: Contemporary Baskets and Their Makers (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Rolling Stone Illustrated History of Rock and Roll: The Definitive History of the Most Important Artists and Their Music (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|A Caldecott Celebration: Seven Artists and their Paths to the Caldecott Medal (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Echoes of Heaven: The Fine Art of Cathedrals and Their Hymns (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The New Art of Ragtime Guitar: solo guitar compositions and technique (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Soft Sell: The New Art of Selling, Self-Empowerment, and Persuasion (Audio Discovery) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The New Art of Living Green: How to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint and Live a Happier, More Eco-Friendly Life (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|ARTistic Pursuits Early Elementary K-3 Book Two, Stories of Artists and Their Art (ARTistic Pursuits) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Lincoln in New Orleans: The 1828-1831 Flatboat Voyages and Their Place in History (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Robert Smithson and the American Landscape (Contemporary Artists and Their Critics) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|By Karen Pryor - Don't Shoot the Dog!: The New Art of Teaching and Training (3rd Revised edition) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Nlp: Neuro Linguistic Programming the New Art and Science of Getting What You Want (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Counterpoints: 25 Years of The New Criterion on Culture and the Arts (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The Ethos of Noh: Actors and Their Art (Harvard East Asian Monographs) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|La gran enciclopedia de los insectos/ The New Encyclopedia of Insects and Their Allies (Spanish Edition) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Critical Condition: American Culture at the Crossroads (Contemporary Artists and their Critics) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Cross-Cultural Analysis: The Science and Art of Comparing the World′s Modern Societies and Their Cultures (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The New Yorker magazine, March 29, 2010-Obama and Israel & Letter from Umbria. (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Art: Everything You Need to Know About the Greatest Artists and Their Work (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Zink: The Language of Enchantment (New Mexico Magazine Artist Series) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The New Art of Dying: How to personalize the most important decisions for yourself and your loved ones (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Art versus Nonart: Art out of Mind (Contemporary Artists and their Critics) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|the Survival Manual for Puppies and their Owners: How to Relate to Your New Puppy (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Writing from the Body: For writers, artists and dreamers who long to free their voice (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Don't Shoot the Dog!: The New Art of Teaching and Training by Pryor, Karen 3rd (third) Edition (11/1/2006) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|The A-Z of Art: The World's Greatest and Most Popular Artists and Their Works (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Sienese Painting after the Black Death: Artistic Pluralism, Politics, and the New Art Market (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Beyond the Mainstream: Essays on Modern and Contemporary Art (Contemporary Artists and their Critics) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Abstract Art in the Late Twentieth Century (Contemporary Artists and their Critics) (check at Amazon)||0.0|
|Out of the Fire: Contemporary Glass Artists and Their Work (check at Amazon)||0.0|
The New Art Magazine: Artists and Their Websites have 1654 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 29, 2006. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.